Some days to be aware of here at Chuck's

Every Wednesday in the Voodoo Lounge ONLY- is Health Care Appreciation Day! All Medical Personnel so Doctors, Nurses, EMT'S receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink Bill.

Every Thursday in the Voodoo Lounge ONLY- is All Active and Retired Teachers and Military Appreciation Day! So to all active and retired teachers and military members you will receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink Bill.

DAAA Bears- Bears fans, listen up! During every Bears game and ONLY in the Voodoo Lounge, receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink bill exclusively why the Bears game is on. (Reservations are recommended)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tim's First Food Review: The Cuban Sandwich

Hello my loyal blog readers,

When I first started doing this I had made the promise to review food dishes and that time has come. Now I took to Facebook the other day and I must give credit to where credit is due. Thanks to Scott Wrobleski for the suggestion of reviewing the Korean BBQ Wings (Scott I had them and they were delicious, the flavor and smell of those wings hits you right from the start and they are delicious, highly recommend) but that isn't the dish I'm reviewing here today. Instead, I'm going with another fan suggestion and a shout out must be given to Lewis Shapiro who recommended me trying one of the specials so that is the route I went with yesterday. The first dish I'm going to review here on the blog is The Cuban Sandwich. Keep in mind I'm not a professional food critic by any means, I just portray one on the blog.

Now if you're like me, my times at Chuck's usually consist of me going with a BBQ dish or a Cajun dish but last night I was in the mood for something different and I wanted my taste buds to try something I've never had before. The Cuban Sandwich which is described on the menu as: grilled French bread with fresh shredded pork, ham, Swiss cheese, garlic-mustard mojo sauce, and pickles. Let me tell you something friends, it was delicious. The way all the ingredients come together hits you from the first bite and the French bread has a nice crisp taste that contains a lot of flavor with each and every bite. I'm not a big fan of mustard traditionally but this mustard has a zing to it which gives the meat extra flavor and blends in beautifully.

My dinner for the evening, Cuban Sandwich accompanied by fries and mac n cheese.

Speaking of meat, the shredded pork and ham just melt in your mouth and when it's covered with the garlic-mustard mojo sauce, look out friends it's to die for. Everything on this sandwich compliments one another famously. The only thing I forgot to do was add a little drop of mild BBQ sauce just to experiment, like I said before I love my BBQ sauce. The pickles stood out for me on this sandwich because well, I just love pickles and they always make a sandwich good. For sides as you can see above I had to go with the best mac n cheese on the planet and some delicious french fries dipped in what else...BBQ sauce.

I can't wait to go back and have this sandwich again when it's on special next time because it really truly did knock my socks off. It was something I've never really had before and I loved the flavors of the meat, the French bread's texture and really enjoyed that garlic-mustard mojo to top it all off. I would highly recommend trying this special sandwich next time it's available because I really think you'll enjoy it!

Have you had this sandwich before? If so leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. I'd love to hear your comments on this dish and what future dishes you guys want me to review next, because believe me, I take no pleasure in doing this..wink wink.

Thanks guys,

Tim

2 comments:

  1. I've had it, and it's amazing. Upset I missed it this month.. And I'm missing another one of my favorites today. Filet Mignon PoBoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark I am sorry you missed it, it was my first time and it was delicious..I also had that filet mignon poboy, it was better then i could imagine.

    ReplyDelete