Some days to be aware of here at Chuck's

Every Wednesday in the Voodoo Lounge ONLY- is Health Care Appreciation Day! All Medical Personnel so Doctors, Nurses, EMT'S receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink Bill.

Every Thursday in the Voodoo Lounge ONLY- is All Active and Retired Teachers and Military Appreciation Day! So to all active and retired teachers and military members you will receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink Bill.

DAAA Bears- Bears fans, listen up! During every Bears game and ONLY in the Voodoo Lounge, receive 20% off your entire Food and Drink bill exclusively why the Bears game is on. (Reservations are recommended)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My second food review: Chicken Pot Pie

Hello boys and girls, it's Tim.

So I found myself at Chuck's last night as I do every Tuesday for Trivia and decided it's been a few weeks since I did my first food review (The Cuban Sandwich) so decided it was time for another one. Now while I can review the BBQ dishes whenever I'd like (one of those will probably be my next dish to review) I like to always look at the specials because as we all know Chuck can thrown down with his specials and last night was no different.

I decided to try his Chicken Pot Pie and my friends I didn't think there was a way to make Chicken Pot Pie better but somehow Chuck found a way and I'm saying this with the up most sincerity. First let me start by saying I expected the portion to be a traditional let's call it smaller serving but of course this is Chuck's and nothing comes in small portions and it was HUGE! Now earlier in the evening a friend and I took advantage of the .50 cent wings so taking this mammoth pot pie down was going to be a challenge.

The Chuck's Chicken Pot Pie, feast your eyes!

This pot pie had it all. It contained some of the most tender chicken pieces I've ever had and that was topped off with carrots and peas and other vegetables that really all mixed perfectly together and truly melted in your mouth. To top off this dish there was also, what's the best way to describe it, a puffy pastry crust that accompanied the chicken and vegetables that was sensational as well. It had a great flaky texture to it that when combined with everything else in the bowl it just made for one scrumptious dish.

Now I know I promised to try one of the new Elvis Cupcake's that Chuck is offering but my friends, I just couldn't possibly eat another bite after taking this plate down and that's nothing to be ashamed of right?

So if you're looking for a new twist on one of America's most timeless classic dishes, I give the Chuck's Chicken Pot Pie a huge two thumbs up and is something you must try for yourself because you won't be disappointed and you won't be left hungry.


Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment